What was your favorite T.V. show growing up?

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Another Honors history BLOG

December 8, 1941

To my dearest mother Ethel,
I know you have heard about the bombing of pearl harbor which took place yesterday, I want to let you know I'm okay. Things have changed and some people have opened up and started to talk to me. It's hard being black in this war, all I can do is wash dishes, cook and clean. This isn't what I wanted to do with my life I wanted to make you happy mom and become the man I should be. I hear rumors when the soldiers are in the dining hall eating, I heard this thing about teaching the soldiers a new code something called the navajo code; so that other countries wouldn't understand what is going on and it would help save a lot of soldiers and will make it easier to invade. Even though it will take time I am pretty sure it will work. So how is everything with the kids and the house? I know I don't get paid very much but I will be able to help you later mama. Since the western and eastern front are developing and starting to come into place, some black men are being able to go out and help. I wish I could help and prove to them whit folk that I ain't a dumb man.

This navajo code will go through and hopefully help America because Lord knows we need it more than ever now, everything is so crazy because everybody is spending most of their times training on this code and getting ready to go out and fight that people are barely eating. I remember hearing this white boy named Tommy that if we don't take Hitler down then America is gonna be looking at a big change. Hitler is powerful, strong and smart; not to mention the most racist guy against everybody that don't look like him. It's crazy momma, just imagine if Hitler comes to America and tries to take over. I hear this navajo code translates its words into English and there are certain words that they telephone to one another . Like if I tried to say airplane it would be translated to Wo-tah-de-ne-ih. Or if I wanted to say submarine it would be Beeh-lo.

Well gotta cut this letter short, so by mom I love you and stay safe.

Love your son, Michael

No comments: