What was your favorite T.V. show growing up?

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Internship Blog #2


3. How do you see yourself growing or changing over the course of your internship?

There have been many things that have changed me as a person and as a student already, preparing for internship was hard for me because the internships I wanted didn't want interns or already had enough interns. So my last choice being the YMCA I think I came with this attitude as if it wasn't going to be what I wanted it to be, so I came in with a smile but a hope it would be what I expected. It was nothing I expected. Instead I sat in a corner all day filing papers and calling parents to inform them about their child's game this weekend, I constantly found myself dazing off looking at walls and rolling my eyes asking myself how I would be able to cope for the next three weeks. Then I started to realize that this is life. You don't get what you want and if you find yourself in a position like that then you don't always get what you expect, I've learned that I have to make the best of this and to deal with it.

I've also learned that no one is going to hop off the train to help you, meaning if you are slacking and not caring then no one will help or care. There are kind people out there and if they see you making a difference they will make a difference in your life and help you out. Make everyday important and make mistakes because they pay off!


7. What lessons or experiences at you internship will you bring back to school to help you to further improve in your academics?

I'm sure after this everyone has the same idea but different experiences, I want to bring back a quote "We are put one earth to become something bigger than what we imagined, we don't get what we want, we don't have the thins we imagined but we have the mindset that sets us off into the world."-Shyana Brown
I made this quote to say you are never left with nothing, we always have our mind our common sense and our dignity so if we don't get the job we want then so be it. Use your mind to get another one and make the best of it, Coming back to school helped me realize that I'm not the only one without my first choice. Lots of people didn't get what they wanted and if they did it wasn't was something they are turning out to like. But it's up to yourself to make it something you will remember, I have learned a lot and it's changed me as a human being.

No comments: